Monday, January 24, 2011

Cardboard Spheres

Well this post is a bit late. I've been busy here and there.

Making a cardboard sphere is a bit more difficult then one might normally think. Its cardboard, not paper. It can't bend or conform to curves, its flat, its, well, cardboard.

Here, I am cutting pieces for my three spheres. (my little brother is taking my room when I'm gone, by the way and he stole the sheets to my bed...)




I got the inner sphere done for my internal based sphere done. I took the thin cardboard from a cereal box to form the curves. I didn't cut the four main strips at the proper angle or width and as so, it was difficult to get it to hold together.

Annnnd here is the completed sphere in all its glory. The inner sphere uses no glue to hold itself in place. I think it looks like a bit of a gyroscope. What do you think? (pardon the sock)

Here is my sphere that used no glue whatsoever. A small mistake caused it to be a bit off.

For my external based sphere, I unfourtunelatey do not have a photo of it... I was in a hurry and forgot to take the picture of it before I left to drop them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment